sitemeter

Friday, June 27, 2014

Lucille Cousin Service 4 brochure

 
 
From: Rich
Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2014 9:02 PM
Subject: Lucille Cousin Service 4 brochure
 
 
 

GOODBYE MOM

Mom loved to go down to "Decoration Day" (we call it Memorial Day) in Kentucky every year. It is held at the Adkins-Arthur Cemetery (where her folks, grandparents and many, many family members are buried) and it is a week later than ours. They have a big family reunion type get-together with plenty of food, pictures, talking and live gospel music. This was the first year that not one of the Arnold sisters attended and it was because of age related health problems. Mom and I made it many times along with Marilyn Rose. Marilyn Rose called all of us kids about Mom's deteriorating health 30 May. We had submitted funeral plans in 2010 so on Friday 31 May I went in to review them. Mom had started making her plans back in 1976 and I had followed her wishes. She had everything paid for years ago. I had a list of things that had to be completed when I returned home Saturday. On Sunday night at 9:02 p.m. I sent this as the last email requested by the funeral home. This was DECORATION DAY, JUNE 1, 2014! When I received the Death Certificate it showed TIME OF DEATH as 9:02 p.m., the same exact time/date as the email. She chose the time to take her last breath.

 
 

2 comments: