sitemeter

Monday, February 7, 2011

Betty Thorson

 For many decades I've collected high school annuals and other publications related to Kankakee. This is the 1961 Bradleyan that once belonged to Terry Witthoft, a junior. Cousin Betty was a senior. So was Cousin Loren Arnold and Jerry Thorson but they didn't have a picture. Others were Carol Arthur and Judy Arthur (both seniors). I bought the Kankakee Journal published the day Betty was born and mailed it to her a long time ago. It was a snapshot of what was going on in the Kankakee area and the world on the day she entered this life. I also bought Phyllis Ann a yearbook of her senior class and presented it to her back in the days Mom and her kids came together once a month to celebrate our birthdays and friendship. I have been looking for one for Marilyn Rose (1960) for years but as of yet without any luck but I did find one of her first husband and my great friend and protector, Charlie Walwer! I was lucky and found two St Anne yearbooks when Aunt Dora was a schoolkid. She really appreciated them. Many of the antique stores have closed up in that area and I haven't shopped there for a year or two. Time to get back at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment