sitemeter

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Bears Hat and Aroma Park Cops

Last night cousin Vickie and I went out for supper and a drink and we met Shelly, our second cousin, in Aroma Park. We talked about a lot of things and one nearby guy at the bar was an Aroma Park cop. I told a story about Don L White, a 14 year old kid and friend of ours back in 1958. (They lived near my sister Phyllis' house.) His Dad had a brand new big Oldsmobile with a J-2 Golden Rocket engine, really badass at the time. Don L. had his dad's car one hot summer night so we headed to Aroma Park, where his uncle, Tom White, was the cop on duty. Don L. slid that Olds around every corner, squealing tires all of the time. His uncle finally heard us and put a stop to it so we left town. Driving through neighboring St. Anne about noon today on the state highway I was stopped by a cop for doing 40 in a 35! I got a warning ticket, all of the time thinking this was payback for telling the Don L. White story last night. But it may have been my new Bears cap that got him after me with lights flashing, siren screaming, with his leather holster at my eye-level! Packer fan perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment